Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween 2009

Hunter was working this Halloween, so I was supposed to take Colten trick or treating for his first time all by myself. I was actually really sad about this because Halloween is Hunter's favorite holiday, so I didn't want him to miss it. We even went to Old Navy and bought his costume for $2! He was supposed to be a cute little dragon, instead he went as a bloody ER patient! Poor little guy!! Colten has been going thru this stage where he doesn't want to sit in his high chair and wants to be a big boy and sit at the table. He has done so well at the table! So I am dishing up his dinner and he is munching on his green beans (the ones he asked for :)) and I see the chair start tipping and next thing I know it has fallen over and sliced his toe. He also fell down and bonked his head so I picked him up and next thing I know there is blood all over. His toe was bleeding pretty bad. Thankfully I have an amazing neighbor who I called and she came rushing over. She had us go back to her house so her husband ( a cop) could look at it. He told us to go in and could tell I was freaking out and took Colt from me. Crystal took me to the hospital and we were seen right away. No stiches, just a steri-strip and orders to check with his peditrician in a couple of days. What an adventure and I am sure since Colt takes after his daddy, not our first trip to the ER!

No comments: