Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Latest

This was a couple weeks ago, but we took Colt in for his 18 month appointment and the little man is growing like a weed! 30.5 lbs which puts him in the 90th percentile and he is now 33in which is the 75th percentile. He is pretty consisitent and has been growing at the same speed since birth. He is doing everything he is supposed to be doing at his age. The doctor was pretty impressed with the sign language that Colten has really picked up on. He was also pretty impressed with Colten's complex thinking.

Seems like Colten is learning new words everyday and the ones he already knows he is getting much better at saying. Yesterday's big word was football. He says ball all the time, but now he knows which one is the football and points it out. I think he made his daddy's day! Hunter was so proud. Today the new word was blueberry. He loves them and can't get enough of them. Everytime he sees a baby, he points one out. The kid loves to read and just absorbs the stories. He loves his Russell the Sheep book right now. He tries to jump. Count to 3 and Colt will try to get his feet off the floor. Maybe not both at the same time, but they both come up eventually. Grandma and Auntie are two words he's really mastered. He pretends to talk to them on the phone. He loves his stuffed bear, it pretty much comes everywhere with us. He's a happy kid who loves to be outside. He's starting to draw a lot more. He loves his cars. He loves corn and onions. Hunter gave him eggnog and he couldn't get enough of it. Colten is one of the sweetest kids in the world! He loves to cuddle with Mommy. He loves animals and is actually really gentle with them.

Being a mom is my favorite thing ever. Being H's wife ties with that! My little family is really awesome. The only thing I would change would be our location. Would definitely have us living in Seattle, not Baton Rouge! Miss my mom, dad, sister, brothers, and my niece and nephew. (don too). It's been a long 7 months since I have seen them. The longest I have ever gone. Breaks my heart. Lilah won't know me when we finally move back, makes me want to cry. My family has missed out on Colten growing up, makes me want to cry even harder. We thought we would be back by now. Hopefully soon is what we keep telling ourselves.

No comments: